If there exists a Fountain of Youth, exercise is it. The evidence, of course, is vast, with a multitude of studies highlighting the remarkable, life-enhancing benefits of staying fit. Whether your goal is to live to be 100, run a marathon, reduce your waistline, or just get the most from daily life, functional fitness is the foundation for active and dynamic living and the best quality of life you can have.
And the good news: Even a small amount of regular exercise can make a substantial difference. In fact, you can extend your life, increase your energy, and reduce your chances of acquiring a long list of medical conditions by getting as little as 15 minutes of exercise a day.
But even with knowledge of the benefits of staying fit and a desire to enjoy them, the world of fitness is not easy to navigate. In this era of multiple fitness fads, media-promoted health “gurus,”and an avalanche of exercise products and approaches, reaching your fitness goals can be challenging.
• How do you find the right fitness program for yourself-one that is both scientifically sound and also appropriate for your own needs and goals?
• If you already exercise but you’re not reaching your fitness goals, how do you get the best long-term results from your fitness work?
• Moreover, how do you succeed in staying motivated, setting and meeting goals, and fitting exercise into an already busy schedule?
In Physiology and Fitness, international fitness expert Dean Hodgkin delivers inspiring and effective answers to these questions and more, showing you a new, scientifically based way to reach your own optimum fitness and to keep it for life. Physiology and Fitness presents a groundbreaking approach to fitness education that brings together scientific knowledge with results-driven practice in a wholly integrated system, allowing you to enjoy the rich vitality and health that prime fitness offers-whatever your age or current fitness level.
Experience the Extraordinary Rewards of Optimum Fitness
In 24 visually detailed lectures that include interactive demonstrations, as well as twelve 30-minute home-workout videos, Hodgkin takes you on a fascinating, eye-opening tour of your anatomy and physiology, showing you how your body functions and maintains itself and how all of its processes respond to exercise.
In Physiology and Fitness, you’ll learn in detail what happens inside your body when you work out and how to use that knowledge to feel your physical best and reach results such as
• high and consistent energy for work, home life, and recreation;
• a well-toned and flexible body;
• a healthy body weight;
• improved psychological well-being;
• reduced stress and minimization of its physical effects;
• improved physical agility, coordination, and balance;
reduced risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, low back pain, and numerous other conditions; and
• extension of the prime of your life and youthful activity.
This course provides a comprehensive fitness resource, whether you’re new to exercise, you work out regularly, or you’re an advanced fitness enthusiast.